London New York Tokyo Helsinki

Friday 11 September 2009

On a morning UK news I have managed to gain some pips, which I managed to waste on attempts to reenter market. Pound did not break it's highs @ 1,6741 and ranged for the rest of the day.

Situation was quite different on USDJPY past Prelim UoM Consumer Sentiment. I was not sure what will be exact direction after release, I was expecting either risk appetite driven depreciation of the pair or significant up [both if news were better than expected]. Finally I decided to trade daily options betting on both directions, and that was just perfect [I assume that it was luck based gains as driven by JPY appreciation what I did not predicted].

To sum things up, DOW didn't managed to break last week high, gold finished week above a 1000 with new high @ 1011 JPY skyrockets, dollar's flat. However it's not even correction, It's just a flat friday. If monday will bring new highs on dollar crosses I will think of buying like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive