London New York Tokyo Helsinki

Thursday, 17 June 2010

2010-06-17 15:20 GMT +1

AUDUSD - buy with first target @0.87

2010-06-17 10:55 GMT +1

GU - is aiming big on my 4H candle, but move was so fast that it became suspicious. Such a momentum needs some rest, so it's very likely that some minor reversal will occure on its way further up...

EU - also a big mover, can be watched for confirmation of GU

GJ - may turn out nicely too, sefinitely good to watch along with GU trading, just for confirmation...

2010-06-17 9:15 GMT +1

still nothing, but GU may be first to move and may bounce sooner or later, that would be something for me then...

Wednesday, 16 June 2010

2010-06-16 23:15 GMT +1

Still consolidation mode in my opinion.

2010-06-16 15:06 GMT +1

I see literally nothing on a chart. There are some moves, some breaks of candle high or candle low, but nothing I would trade off. That means time for a walk :)

2010-06-16 11:16 GMT +1

USDCAD - nice long [4 in 1-5 scale]

EDIT 11:49 GMT +1:
I need to cancel this call, overall USD weakness would not rather keep it going, pair will stuck at 00 level, why bother..?
NOthing crucial happened overnight, AUDUSD traded slightly below key level 0.8666, but today I'm sure if it touch that level it will go through. Rest is more or less the same as yesterday, however I doubt would I trade shoet euro anyway...

Tuesday, 15 June 2010

2010-06-15 23:55 GMT +1

EJ - turn down? If driven by JPY crosses - I will leave it, if by EUR itself, may be sign of massive move down [but not much hope for that anyway, at least this would be something worth trading]

CADJPY - there is significant rising potential, but I would not trade it on simple breakout, rather on some retracement, confluence with price action on other correlated crosses or whatsoever.

AUDUSD - my favourite puppy made it quite nicely, however I was targeting for longer move. For now I'm that certain that this pair will turn back on 0.8666, that I closed 3/4 of my position earlier, last quarter I will hold as my plan was to leave small part for 400 pips profit. I left quite wide SL on that and wait for re-entry possibilities.

2010-06-15 16:20 GMT +1

Risk appetite is a winner of last 4H candle, EU may gain another bunch of pips, but AUDUSD is my ultimate puppy on break of 0.86 up.
If this trade work out I want to leave part of it up to 0.9, yet I'm not going to trade anything else.

PS
As I'm writing this post last candle formed over an hour ago, and my AUD trade is already triggered yet not in profit.

15.06.2010 11:19 GMT +1

USDCAD - short below 1.0302 [mind double zero lvl]
CADJPY long above 88.82

June DOW futures - short below 10184 [especially if broken after NY open

Monday, 14 June 2010

14.06.2010 19:21 GMT +1

The most attractive pin is forming on Mini-Dow 4H chart [45 min till candle close].
Rest mentioned here are very average or worse ideas.

UE short - not a proper 4H setup, but confluence of 50% extetntion of last swing and lost momentum on last 4H bar compared with previous two convinces me that at least a bit of correction should be expected here. 1.2150 may be pretty good final target for this one.

UJ still in no momentum up mode with key support level to be broken @91.70

According to EU and UJ analisys EJ is good shorting pair due to bounce off 23% fib extention

USDCAD - I'm already out of this trade with some profit. It did not meet my full expectations, but trade turn out to be pretty nice anyway. This one will possibly rise further, but I didn't really got excited about this one as well as about falling

14.06.2010 GMT +1

USDCAD I shorted this pair once, but closed for 10 pips loss as price action did not convinced me, reopened on the second approach to 1.0286 level, and currently I took away partial profit, and wait for further run. Currently SL 10 points above entry, and wait to hit 1.0250 to take other part and move SL to BE.

apart of this trade i see UJ with it's very narrow range seems to reverse a bit. It's not a trade call, but it makes a good indicator in case of hesitation between USD and JPY crosses.

14.06.2010 11:20 GMT +1

USDCAD break below 1.0286 seems to be an interesting short opportunity, however resistance on CADJPY above 89.50 seems to be a serious obstacle for CAD crosses to move further.

I'm still waiting for a pullback on AUDUSD that would be the good reason to long this pair, possibly for medium term trade...

14.06.2010 9:48 GMT+1

Hi there, I woke up late, so I didn't updated today morning.
After quick chart observation AUDUSD dragged most of my attention as this pair broke above last three weeks channel, what might be valid sign of further rises of this pair.

Yet from 6am [London time] GU managed to break a bit above overnight range, but I don't see anything worth attention here yet.

Friday, 11 June 2010

11.06.2010 11:33 GMT+1

To sum up, session was not fruitfull, EU and GU went up to overnight high [without breaking it - so not buing here was hitting exactly the point of morning my snapshot.

Later I did not entered short GU [what could've been profitable, as there was UK news approaching].

Therefore I had a good day of no trading today.


Currently I see tempting short candle on GU, but it's not confirmed on any other cross [GJ or EU or whatsoever] therefore I'm going to prevent myself from trading till next 4H candle.

11.06.2010 7:54 GMT +1

I will wait for some valid sign of move down on GU or EU, as I expect a bit of corection during London open.

11.06.2010 1:49 GMT +1

GU - approaching key resistance - expect correction
EU - similar situation, but here I still did not seen confirmation of trend reversal.
Personally I think eur wont go lower than it was this week, but I need it confirmed on a chart.
EJ - slightly above this week channel. I wouldn't take long on last day of a week, however this may indicate new direction for upcoming week.
GJ is on clear way to rise. Bounce up from 133.20-133.80 area would be a perfect sign to buy and hold [maybe even 1000 pips if it was lucky]


In general I'm definitely not going to trade overnight, and I expect Friday to be day of corrections or low volatility.



For a short comment, Thursday morning trade plan mostly prevented me from trading as price went against my expectations.

Thursday, 10 June 2010

10.06.2010 7:54 GMT +1

Not much to say from charts, all my sentiment got cancelled due to overnight activity [including gold]
If some perfect setup occur on 1M chart I will possibly buy GU or EU.

Wednesday, 9 June 2010

09.06.2010 23:42 GMT +1

GU - 4H formation points clearly down, but I'm not gonna take it during assian session.
EU - same as GU
USDCAD - points up
CADJPY - down [thatthis may be born for CAD move for tomorrow]
AUDUSD - points down as yesterday, but this time top is higher then yesterday, so I will prevent myslef from trading for tonight

09.06.2010 11:08 GMT+1

GU on upway move
UJ strategy cancelled
GJ may be further up [132.20 as I type]
Gold is it pinbar? look if goes above 1239
AU strategy cancelled

To sum up - I will long GJ or GU on perfect 1M setup, [firm cross below 132 -GJ and 1.4450 -GU cancells all]

Archive